c.£40,000 + Benefits
11 months ago
Merje are pleased to be partnering with an independent, financial services organisation based in East Midlands. Our client is looking for a technically strong Financial Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis. This is a great opportunity for a Newly Qualified/Qualified Accountant with prior regulatory experience to build an exciting career within Banking/ Financial Services.
The Financial Accountant will assist the Finance Director in all technical aspects.
- You will perform thorough analysis of the balance sheet and P&L to provide a proper control environment and ensure that reports have a high degree of accuracy.
- You will act as a trusted partner to internal and external stakeholders regarding regulatory requirements across a broad suite of products, including trading inventory, derivatives, loans, and repos.
- You will build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of departments across the organisation.
- Aiding in the planning, testing and implementation of projects
- You will drive automation and efficiency by identifying opportunities to improve reporting systems and liaising with IT and Change Management to implement changes.
- You will maintain controlled and well-documented processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Newly Qualified (ACA/ACCA)
- 3 years + prior related accounting / regulatory/ financial reporting experience
- Experience within Financial Services/ Banking is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to comfortably present to auditors and senior management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills