up to £50,000
13 days ago
MERJE are partnered with a prominent Manchester based Financial Services business in their search for a technically astute Financial Accountant
You will lead the monthly financial reporting of multiple SPV companies for the consolidated position of the Group. This is a fast-growing and dynamic business and the role provides excellent opportunity for development.
The role sits within out SPV Controller Group function, overseeing financial reporting from European and domestic Special Purpose Vehicles, supporting a range of underlying assets. This position is key to developing the wider SPV servicing capabilities of the function and supporting the business in structured transactions.
What will you be doing?
- Leading monthly and quarterly consolidation reporting for SPV companies
- Liaising with European finance teams to ensure timeliness and accuracy of the SPV submissions
- Maintaining and strengthening control and reconciliation of the Group Balance sheet and P&L
- Working closely with Portfolio Finance team, support IFRS adjustments within structures, and providing financial accounting expertise to the wider Finance function
- Preparing and reviewing statutory disclosures in relation to the consolidated vehicles
- Facilitating statutory audit for the Parent entities
- Leading process improvements to streamline monthly close and reporting process
- Supporting onboarding of new deals and reporting system implementation.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified/experienced accountant with an excellent knowledge of IFRS
- Exposure to SPV accounting/cash management/ SPV investor reporting
- Experience working in the Financial Services Sector beneficial
- Solid numerical and analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, can engage effectively with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders
This offers an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, agile team in a role that can offer the right candidate significant long term professional development.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.