Up to £50,000 plus benefits
3 months ago
My Client, a large PE backed, rapidly expanding group is actively searching a talented ACA qualified accountant to support with Financial Reporting. Building strong relationships across Finance and the broader business, you will be required to take the lead in providing high quality technical accounting expertise and play a key role in delivering accurate, relevant and timely financial reporting and support a strong financial control environment for the group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take responsibility with the financial reporting manager, for the production of all group and subsidiary statutory financial reporting ensuring accuracy, adherence to deadlines, technical and business relevance
- Ensure that all disclosures in the financial statements are supportable and are of audit quality
- Assist in the writing and checking of strategic reports and directors’ reports
- Help drive the accounting policies of the group and develop the accounting policy manual so that it remains fit for purpose
- Work with the group tax accountant to ensure statutory responsibilities are meeting a high standard and that compliance risk to the group is minimised
- Proactively assist the external audit of financial statements, managing the relationship with the internal audit team and other professional services providers as required
- Ad hoc projects as required
Previous experience and qualifications:
- ACA (+ post qualification experience either within practice or industry)
- Audit experience preferable
- Flexible, able to consistently meet deadlines whilst remaining consistently motivated and focused on delivery
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Able to work proactively either independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communicator (both written and in verbal form to a wide variety of audiences including those at the highest level), whilst also able to adapt style to suit situations
Being a qualified accountant this is a great opportunity for a first or second time mover to gain exposure to the PE world and advance your career with excellent opportunities for progression across the Group.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.