£35,000 - £38,000 + study support
5 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join a dynamic, growing FMCG business based in the City. Previous experience in a startup or SME is preferred. Working alongside the COO who heads the finance function, the business is looking for part qualified accountant (CIMA preferable) to be responsible for the following:
- To report monthly on the financial performance of the business through creation of management account packs.
- Working with supply chain to monitor opening and closing stock positions and reconcile each month end to assure accurate cost of goods.
- Work up commercial scenarios with commercial team to enhance profitability of deals
- To process sales orders and invoice customers weekly
- Place PO’s with suppliers
- Liaise with distributor to assist in on time in full delivery.
- Manage the internal forecast process
- To control and report expenses
- To report the cash position of the business and report monthly on the cashflow.
- To operate weekly payment run to suppliers
- To chase overdue debt
- To liaise with external payroll to make sure all details are correct and up to date
- To liaise with external accountants to make sure the business companies house requirements are completed. The same for HMRC
- To liaise with external consultants to maximise research tax credits.
- Report weekly sales position to team
- To be an active part of a young team and helping each other to achieve the best results
The successful candidate will have a background in stock accounting so a manufacturing. FMCG or retail background is essential. There is a bonus and also equity available. Previous experience of Quickbooks desirable.