11 days ago
MERJE are partnered with a Financial Services business with a focus on Asset Finance. They require a talented Finance Manager to lead the finance team, build processes and routines, develop financial reporting and insights, and act as an advisor to the Finance Leadership team.
Our ideal candidate will have hands-on experience of Finance routines from a lending background, with an appreciation of current accounting standards and tax legislation. You will be highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion to help the business grow and develop by building and maintaining effective Finance routines and discipline. Their business is starting to automate their Finance processes so you will ideally have experience of, or had exposure to, an automation project.
- Help set out and deliver Management accounting and finance processes and routines
- Maintain and evolve key financial control processes to ensure the integrity of financial information
- Manage processes to ensure that the business remains complaint with current and future Financial standards, including engagement with Auditors
- Lead the development of financial reporting to provide the management team and board of Directors with insightful views on financial performance
- Act as a partner and advisor to the leadership team – helping to drive an understanding of business performance, financial reporting (inc. regulatory) and tax issues
- Close collaboration with Operational Managers and Group functions
- Focus on the development of people and future leaders by providing training, coaching and mentoring to the Finance teams
- Proven experience of managing a Finance team and coordinating key month-end and reporting routines
- Clear understanding of the importance of maintaining and developing key controls and checks to ensure the integrity of financial reporting
- Demonstrates an understanding of Accounting Standards and tax treatment in a lending firm
- Experience of developing Finance processes and leading change
- Knowledge of Asset Finance products and processes (not essential)
- Qualified accountant with experience within a lending business
- Dynamic, technically strong and able to operate with gravitas across the organisation
- Control mindset with an understanding of risk and building effective finance controls
- Problem solver, understanding the root-causes of issues and able to drive solutions
- Integrity, openness and commitment to good governance
- Passion for working as part of a team and collaborating to achieve greater results
Flexible working and part-time options will be considered
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.