£35,000 - £45,000 pa
about 1 year ago
A highly successful and rapidly growing business based in Preston is currently recruiting for a Finance Manager on a permanent basis. You will oversee the accurate and timely production of the monthly management accounts, maintaining a robust internal control environment and constantly challenging processes and striving for continuous improvement.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring the ledgers are closed in a timely manner to allow processing to continue in the correct accounting period.
- Reviewing monthly management accounts and ensuring all variances are understood and accounted for correctly
- Raising questions/queries on any significant variances to budget, ensuring they have sufficiently explained and challenged.
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis and raising any concerns to the Group Financial Controller/Group Finance Director.
- Providing support to the Finance Team to ensure the month end timetable is achieved and ongoing training is provided.You will be;
- Contributing to the annual business planning process
- Overseeing the sales and purchase ledger functions and ensuring all paperwork is processed and filed accurately and in line with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for daily sales and bank reconciliations
- Managing the day to day workload of the Inventory Controller to ensure that paperwork is completed accurately, and any disputes are resolved within the same day.
- Responsible for maintaining stock accuracy
- Managing, mentoring and developing the Finance Team to ensure progression within.
- Assisting with the Year End audit process providing answers to any queries in a timely manner.
- Responsible for executing the month end stock takes and reporting on variances
- Ensuring the weekly wages and monthly salaries are completed accurately, on time and reconciling these to the balance sheet.
- Improving commercial reporting, performance and driving improvements and efficiencies across the business.
- Monitoring of the debtor ledgers to ensure any outstanding debt is chased and escalating any issues to MD, CEO and Group Financial Controller.
- Ensuring all paperwork is filed efficiently and in line with HMRC and GDPR guidelines.
- Monitor cashflow and provide a rolling 13-week cashflow to Group Finance.
In order to be considered for the role you need to be a ACCA/CIMA or ACA qualified Accountant. Having worked in retail or manufacturing would also be beneficial.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.