Our Client, one of the most recognised and respected organisations within the property and construction sector, is seeking to recruit a candidate of suitable calibre to assume the position of Finance Manchester for one of their large and profitable operating divisions.
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be contributed to the overall success of the Business through supporting the FD in the effective management of the Finance team.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist with accurate and robust monthly forecasting and preparation of the three/ five-year business plans.
• Provide oversight for the finance function and ensure the efficient running of the department
• Take part in surveying/ valuation meetings and provide appropriate level of challenge.
• Assist as required with financial management and reporting
• Support payment and payroll processing to ensure an accurate and timely service.
• Ensure adherence with the Group Accounts Manual as regards Cash Management; operate and control all activities within the cash budgets.
• Assist with appropriate reporting to the MD and Board in line with the standard format and schedule including assisting with the preparation of the Finance Board reports and presentations
• Complete ad hoc divisional and out of departments projects as necessary.
Previous experience and qualifications:
• Professionally qualified Accountant with substantial post qualified experience in a senior commercial accounting role from within the House building / Construction / Infrastructure sector
• Strong experience of managing budgets / cost control.
• Highly numerate with Strong IT and Financial Analysis with ability to interpret data and assess impacts on the business
• Ability to provide appropriate challenge to ensure all Financial controls are maintained.
The Company has a track record of career progression and this role could provide a platform for an FD opportunity in the future
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.