£45,000 - £55,000
3 months ago
An established yet rapidly growing business based in Chorley are currently looking to recruit for a Finance Manager on a permanent basis. As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for the timely production of financial management and statutory information, including forecasting. You will take a pro-active stance in identifying and addressing weaknesses in control, processes and participate in commercial activities such as customer/supplier negotiations and evaluation.
Your key responsibilities will include;
· Responsible for several divisions of the business and impending acquisitions
· To supervise a team of Management Accountants to complete the monthly management accounts preparation, within the month end timetable, providing training and guidance when required
· To complete the Finance Board pack including accurate and meaningful commentary to the Financial Controller and Finance Director within the month end timetable.
· To review all balance sheet reconciliations, including bank reconciliations for each of the Group Companies ensuring accuracy and the timely rectification of reconciling items
· To update profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts for the Group on a monthly basis
· Preparation of annual statutory accounts and tax calculations, within 35 working days of the year end
· Assisting the Financial Controller with the budgeting and re-forecasting process
· To hold regular 1:1’s with your team and coach, train and mentor your team as and when required
· Completion of VAT returns for review by the Financial Controller within 20 working days of the quarter end and then submit, once approved by the due date
· Keep abreast of Accounting Standards and Tax legislation and update processes accordingly. Preparation of quarterly corporation tax calculations.
· Identify key business KPI’s for inclusion within the Group Finance Pack.
· Assist in due diligence as and when required
· Integrate any acquisitions in line with the agreed integration plan
· To consistently asses the workload and skills of the team, identifying any issues to be raised with the Financial Controller
· Assist the Financial Controller in the recruitment and selection of members of the team
In order to be considered for the position you must be a CIMA/ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant with a history of mentoring and developing teams. This is an exciting position and will suit a candidate with an energetic and driven approach to their work.