c. £150,000 + Significant Bonus + Executive Benefits
about 1 year ago
Our client is a very well-known leading business working across the property investment and development sector. One of their most successful operations has developed significantly in size over the last few years and, due to a recent promotion, it is now seeking to recruit a CFO/Finance Director.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working alongside a multi-disciplinary Board of Directors, you will have 2 Finance Directors working for you as well as a small head office accounts team, and you will provide commercial and strategic advice and guidance as to the future direction of the business. This is a highly visible position and your responsibilities will include:
- Working as a true financial business partner to the Managing Director and devising and carrying out a corporate strategy to underpin the business.
- Developing and implementing robust financial policies, controls and reporting systems to satisfy the requirements of the internal management team and external stakeholders.
- Financial control and stewardship, managing and motivating a small accounts department.
- External point of contact to the financial institutions, stakeholders, HMRC, auditors and accountants.
- Primary responsibility for raising additional funds as necessary and in managing relationships with equity and debt providers.
- Support and lead potential future liquidity and/or exit events.
The successful candidate will be a professionally qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience as a Finance Director for companies ideally engaged within residential development.
- You will have experience of developing financial strategies and contributing to the broader commercial development of a business.
- You must be a self starter willing to take responsibility for financial control and infrastructure in a developing area of the business with the ability to see the big picture but retain focus on and take responsibility for the details.
- Your background should be able to demonstrate experience of improving control, process and rigour around financial and operational metrics and the ability to analyse and present accurate and concise management information