Our client is a world-renowned residential property developer operating a number of regional offices across the UK.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
The role: Due to an impending retirement, they are seeking to recruit a candidate of suitable calibre to assume the position of Finance Director Designate for one of their largest and most profitable regional business.
Working closely with the soon-to-be retiring Finance Director your responsibilities will include
- Financial analysis of weekly and monthly sales forecasting
- Monitoring construction / sales progress and risk
- Monthly Balance sheet forecasting – involvement in the rolling three-year planning process to ensure that funding and capital employed balances are accurately forecast
- Balance sheet management – driving and managing the month-end process, ensuring the proper application of Group accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitor performance against budgets and forecast to ensure robust mechanisms are in place for accuracy and deviance.
- Involvement with the land investment appraisal packs prior to submission
- Effective liaison across the business with your executive peers to ensure consistency of approach and commonality of goals.
- Preparing Group accounting and tax papers and returns
- Liaising with Group to deal with various ad hoc information requests
- Professionally qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Prior senior level finance experience in the property/construction sector
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work and communicate with colleagues from outside of the finance team and at different levels of experience
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a very driven and successful environment and to manage multiple priorities.
- Integrity and a desire to do the right thing
- Ambitious – eager to develop your career with a market-leading organisation offering multiple paths for career development.