£300.00 - £350.00
over 2 years ago
My client is a large International Insurance Organisation offering excellent opportunity for career progression. Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial accountant will manage and coordinate monthly and quarterly reporting obligations for the business. In addition, this role is responsible for delivering the end-to-end financial reporting for subsidiaries.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of the quarterly US GAAP and US STAT reporting obligations
- Keeping key control documents and procedures up to date, ensuring compliance with all financial reporting internal controls and managing the Sarbanes Oxley program.
- Manage, supervise and develop the team
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of the monthly US GAAP reporting obligations, half yearly FCA reporting obligations and annual IFRS accounts filing;
- Stakeholder management
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to reduce the quarter end close timelines.
- Ad hoc projects and requests from Director, Financial Control and Head of Finance, Europe and implementing process improvements to reduce the quarter end close timelines.
Being a qualified accountant with previous experience in the audit department of a Big 6 accounting firm (Big 4 preferred) ideally with experience of Financial services you will demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Ability to produce high quality work within agreed deadlines.
- Ability to manage expectations of managers and external stakeholders.
- Ability to deal with non-standard requests.
- Organised, conscientious and deadline focused, with an attention to detail.
- Self-starter with a desire to develop their technical knowledge and skills.
- Ability to develop junior members of the team, and encourage ownership and responsibility for their individual tasks
- Strong Excel skills with knowledge or using advanced formulas, pivot tables and the ability to manipulate large complex spreadsheets and data sources.