Long established, my client is a market leader in the field in which they operate. Due to extensive growth, they are expanding their governance team to support spans of control and they have a brand new role for an Enterprise Risk Manager who will report to the Risk & Governance Director.
The role will be predominantly home based but with an expectation to visit the HO once or twice a month. There will also be some national travel required too.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the Enterprise Wide Risk Management process and policy for the business
- Working with relevant stakeholders, complete risk assessments, which involves analysing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business
- Evaluate risk, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the business such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluate previous handling of risks
- Establish and quantify the organisation's 'risk appetite'.
- Report risk in an appropriate way for different audiences
- Maintain and regularly update the business risk register and ensure that relevant stakeholders have been individually and collectively consulted
- Develop, agree and implement specific departmental risk registers which feed into the overall business risk register
- Working with relevant stakeholders, implement controls/counter measures to mitigate identified risks (or to bring inside tolerance)
- Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrable knowledge of the legislative and regulatory landscape.
- Extensive experience working in a risk management role in a FCA regulated financial services business ideally
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to balance priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures, skills and techniques.
- Team oriented self-starter, with high degree of initiative coupled with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to interface and coordinate work effectively demonstrating strong project management skills
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. The package will also include a car allowance and bonus potential of circa 10%
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.