4 months ago
Job Description: MERJE is currently working with a top 20 form based in the centre of London who are seeking an ambitious, experienced, Employment Tax Director to join their exciting and growing team. The main focus of the role will be to deal with employment tax advice and complex compliance for a large portfolio of clients.
This is a key role within the team, where you will be highly client facing and be required to deal with clients and other professional advisors. As such, excellent technical skills are crucial; equally crucial will be your ability to impart complex tax technical information to clients and members of other teams.
You will also be required to lead a team of more junior staff; mentoring them to develop their professional skills and providing technical training where needed. You will work alongside partners, to provide bespoke tax advice to clients, and also our team of payroll specialists.
Key responsibilities include:
- Advising on all aspects of employment tax including employment status, PAYE obligations, National Insurance contributions, temporary workplace relief etc.
- Undertaking PAYE health checks and assisting clients with PAYE enquiries from HMRC
- Advising on completion of P11Ds, PAYE Settlement Agreements and Short Term Business Visitor reporting
- Dealing with overseas tax queries in conjunction with our international network
- Review of expatriate self-assessment tax returns and payroll computations
- Supervision of team’s work and answering their queries
- Dealing with queries from Partners and managers on a daily basis
- Providing technical support to the firm’s payroll bureau
- Understanding of monthly payroll processing
- Advising on taxation of employee share schemes including submission of in-year notifications and end of year reporting to HMRC
- Assisting development of new business
Previous experience and qualifications:
- CTA Qualified
- Employment tax experience
- Expatriate tax knowledge
- Share scheme experience
- Experience of dealing with HMRC
- Experience of monthly payroll processing
- Not For Profit exposure
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good understanding of personal taxation issues
- Organised and motivated
- A driven person who will take ownership of tasks and drive to completion
- A good team player
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.