£40,000 - £50,000
29 days ago
An opportunity has come up to join a global specialist lending business with major UK growth plans.
Backed by strong funding, they are currently undergoing authorisation to become a Bank with the vision to release more products and evolve their current ones into new markets.
You will be joining their Commercial Department which is due to double in size over the next few years. Sitting at the 1st line of defence, you will support the oversight, maintenance and development of the Department’s quality assurance framework, systems, risks and controls.
This role offers a genuine opportunity to support the growth of an ambitious team at a very exciting point in time. You will be encouraged to use your own initiative and regulatory knowledge to establish an effective risk and compliance culture.
Although some knowledge of compliance and risk actions is essential (e.g. compliance monitoring and reviews, 1st LoD checks, knowledge of commercial risks and controls), this role will expand beyond BAU activities.
As a trusted business partner, you’ll be asked to chair or contribute into various Committees (e.g Risk Dashboard, Monthly Distribution Forum) and provide expert advice to senior stakeholders during product creation or evolution.
This would be an amazing opportunity for someone who has:
- 6-18 months of compliance/risk experience, preferably within UK retail Banking or the UK Financial Services (Consulting background will also be considered)
- Ideally some knowledge and experience operating within a BTC or BTB lending business
- Some knowledge of UK Banking regulation, legislation and standards
- Previous experience developing and maintaining compliance and quality assurance activities
On a personal level, you will excel at this job if you are:
- Organised and have a logical approach to task delivery
- Motivated, commercially savvy and very adaptable to changing working environments
- Quick to identify potential problems and use initiative/consultation to resolve them
- Confident and can quickly engage with individuals across all levels of seniority
This is a permanent role and the client is looking to offer £40,000 - £50,000 basic (negotiable).
Location is flexible between Uxbridge and central London but Uxbridge will be your base during the first few months.
To discuss the role in greater detail, please contact Periklis on 02036371606 or send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org