£ Six Figure base salary
about 1 month ago
My client is long established, highly regarded and a market leader in the field in which they operate.
They are currently seeking a Director of Risk & Compliance to oversee and monitor the effective management of risk & compliance within the group and its subsidiary business, to enable the achievement of strategic objectives and priorities through the identification, assessment and management of key risks.
Reporting to the CEO you will attend Executive Risk and Conduct Committee as well as Board Audit & Risk Committee in order to discharge your responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Embed and ensure continuous improvement of the group risk management framework.
- Ensure an effective group compliance framework is in operation and regulatory change is identified, assessed and prioritised for action (horizon scanning).
- Ensure compliance with all legal and statutory obligations through Company Secretariat.
- Maintain responsibility for the management of the relationship with the groups internal audit provider.
- Develop the risk and compliance culture and demonstrate the groups values within all areas.
- Ensure a proactive and open dialogue with regulators and that notifications are made where appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Oversee and present Risk & Compliance papers to Executive and Board committees, including the Risk Appetite Dashboard.
- Ensure that the risk universe is maintained and appropriate actions are taken by management where risks are deemed outside of appetite.
- Maintain an adequate framework to ensure compliance with the Senior Managers & Certification Regime and that Senior Managers and Certified role holders are aware of their role and responsibilities.
- Ensure regulatory reporting is accurate and timely.
- Provide pro-active support and challenge to the Executive Team.
- Build annual departmental cost budgets and ensure these are maintained within plan.
- Provide leadership and direction to line reports to deliver the planned activities to agreed quality and performance standards.
- Discharge all responsibilities assigned to you under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime and perform all your tasks, duties and responsibilities with due care and diligence as required by the group and the FCA.
- Extensive experience as a subject matter expert for regulatory compliance at a senior level, preferably within a Consumer Credit business.
- In depth technical knowledge and practical experience FCA requirements and standards
- Experience of liaison with the FCA and other regulatory bodies
- Significant experience of risk management techniques and familiar with sophisticated and integrated risk management processes and tools
- Proven experience of managing teams of professionals at various levels of seniority
- Commercial, business focussed with strong judgement and integrity. Highly motivated with integrity
- Ability to work effectively at all levels, developing effective relationships internally and externally
- Calm and diplomatic with strong negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to take on a broad and challenging role.
Due to the pandemic this role is currently home based. Moving forward it is likely to be office based with flexibility for partial homeworking opportunities, subject to COVID-19 restrictions in place.
Salary is entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.
MERJE have been appointed exclusively on this role and any CVS sent direct to the client will be forwarded directly to MERJE for evaluation.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.