(Hybrid 2/3 days per week Manchester)
Would you like to join a specialist savings and commercial lending bank? Its aim is to cater for the needs of people and businesses in the UK, be that from savings to practical commercial finance solutions, resulting in business or consumer savings growth.
If you're passionate about great customer experiences and would like to be a part of a winning and positive sales culture, then we want to hear from you. We provide a progressive, inclusive, and sustainable environment where employees thrive as well as working hard to put customer's needs at the forefront of their work. Employees are valued for their work; we are a progressive employer who has clear structures and many opportunities for employees to build their careers.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the role is in the bank's 2nd line of defence. You will lead the continuous development and independent oversight of the management of the bank's credit risk.
Key responsibilities Include:
• Owning the overall Credit Risk Appetite process in conjunction with the Director - Credit (1st Line role)
• Manage and lead the development of the bank’s Credit Risk Management Framework setting out governance principles and protocols to be clearly documented within Lending Policies.
• Review large, complex, or high-risk transactions and Lending Policy exceptions, ensuring credit risk is appropriately managed and evaluated.
• Chair the Oversight Credit Committee – a sub-committee of the Executive Risk Committee responsible for the ongoing monitoring of credit risks across the bank.
• Review and challenge of credit risk modelling inputs and outputs, including IFRS9 provisioning policy and its implementation, and contributing to the bank’s ICAAP.
• Strong financial services background
• In-depth knowledge of the UK SME / Commercial credit industry and experience of credit risk management within banking / financial sector
• Direct experience in Distribution Finance or Asset Finance preferred
• Demonstrable knowledge of FCA and PRA regulation and principles for credit risk
• 2nd line of defence mindset
• Ability to present to Executive and Board level committees
• Ability to build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Proven ability to negotiate and influence at a senior level
• Self-motivated with ability to deliver on business-critical projects.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com.