about 1 month ago
Your new role:
To undertake the inspection of damaged vehicles primarily via damage images and repair estimates.
Assessing and negotiating the full extent of the damage, costs of repair and repair time frames and thereafter authorising repairs to proceed on the authority of our insurer clients.
An important aspect of this job is to identify the correct prescribed repair method and prepare, record and maintain records of electronic and manual estimates.
- Accurately and professionally assess a wide range of vehicles
- You will work to the highest standard and demonstrate a sound up-to-date knowledge of vehicle repair techniques.
- Use computerised estimating systems
- Calculate costings and the time required to complete all necessary repairs
- Liaise regularly with insurance engineers
- Contact customers to provide updates
- Any other tasks that are necessary
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced accident repair centre
- Follow the correct repair techniques and produce work in line with factors specifications and customer satisfaction
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Clear confident telephone manner
- Strong team player
- Flexible and adaptable attitude
- Excellent time management
- Takes a proactive approach to solving people and customer problems
- Attention to detail maintaining accuracy at all times
- Ability to make the customer feel valued
- Experience using Audatex estimating system
- ATA/VDA is advantageous but not essential
- IMI Membership
- Previous experience working as a Vehicle Damage Assessor
- Previous experience working in a pressurised environment
- Customer service excellence
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.