Deputy MLRO required for one of the top wealth managers in the UK based in London.
We are looking for someone operating at the Deputy MLRO, Senior Manager or Vice President level to come in and drive the financial crime function for this fantastic organisation. You will be supported by an experienced Financial Crime Analyst who will report directly to you.
The financial crime function is part of a more extensive compliance department that work collaboratively together.
As Deputy MLRO, you will work closely with the business. As such, you should be commercial but can push back pleasantly and diplomatically if required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain all financial crime related policies and procedures
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on JMLSG, FCA, UK Bribery Act, relevant Sanctions lists and any other applicable rules/guidance
- Provide financial crime compliance advice and additional support as required for the UK business
- Conduct financial crime risk assessments
- Provide advice and guidance to the CDD team and Account Executives on specific EDD requirements for high-risk clients and complex cases, and conduct due diligence where required
- Undertake trading and transaction monitoring
- Provide guidance on the implementation of the screening system, delivery and operation of the ongoing screening process
- Identify and track new and updated requirements relating to Financial Crime, engaging collaboratively with the business in developing, implementing and monitoring new procedures
- Identify training needs; deliver Financial Crime training
- Work collaboratively with other compliance functions in the group to implement standardised Financial Crime policy and procedures
- Provide cover and support to other group compliance functions as required
Qualifications & Other:
- Degree educated
- Professional financial crime related qualifications advantageous (e.g. ACAMS/ICA Diploma in AML)
- Experience working in the wealth management industry advantageous
- Avaloq experience advantageous
- Willingness and potential to assume the SMF17 registration in the future
- Be a go-getter and require little or no direction
Please note, should feedback not be received within 14 days due to the large volume of applications; unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, I may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities in the future.