This role will be a leading and driving senior compliance role to manage the 2nd line compliance activities for this established and growing global fintech payments business. Managing activities within the UK FCA and PSR frameworks.
The responsibilities will include:
● Assist the Head of Legal and Compliance in ensuring the Firm operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements related to regulatory compliance and Financial Crime (FC) Compliance
● Provide leadership, support and expert knowledge on aspects of regulatory compliance and FC Compliance to relevant stakeholders
● Help strengthen the firm’s compliance environment by proposing appropriate improvements in the design and operationalisation of controls
● Deputise for the Head of Legal and Compliance with regards to regulatory compliance and FC matters as and when required
● Execution of FCMP (FC Internal Audit) and presentation to the Board
● Point of Contact for all Financial Partners on strategic matters
● Managing Policies, Procedures and Processes (updates, presentations to the MLRO / Board)
● Managing elements of the Remediation Plan execution
● Training and guiding the Financial Crime teams
● Any other special tasks re Compliance and Financial Crime.
● Sound leadership skills and ability to advise and influence at all levels up to and including the Board of Directors
● Strong and demonstrated interpersonal communication skills plus a requirement to liaise closely with the Head of Legal and Compliance, MLRO and all Department Heads
● Extensive knowledge of the UK regulatory framework with good knowledge of Payment Service operations, products and processes, including:
○ A strong understanding of all relevant aspects of the FCA Handbook, including Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly, Complaints Handling, etc.
○ Preferably with knowledge of PSR regs for EMI’s
○ A strong understanding of the regulatory environment such as but not limited to: EU Money Laundering Directives, anti-bribery corruption and UK regulatory environment (FCA Regulations, UK Money Laundering Regulations, UK Bribery Act and JMLSG Guidance).
● Excellent understanding of how to develop a Compliance assurance and testing function
● Able to walk through processes and procedures and detect possible control weaknesses to target testing appropriately
● Strong attention to detail and focused on results and objectives
● Project management skills and the ability to multitask
● Able to manage, support and develop team members
● Have demonstrable professional integrity and a strong work ethic
● A minimum of 3 years’ experience within a UK financial services environment, gained in a regulatory compliance function / financial crime function or through provision of advisory and consulting services to clients
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.