£45,000 - £65,000
7 months ago
This is a key outward-facing role within the business where the successful candidate will be expected to lead and develop quantitative analysts in the disciplines of effective data use and strategy. This person will lead, drive and implement key strategic changes in the way that the business reports on and uses data and will form the face of the analytical team at key committee meetings. It is here that they will present analytical findings that drive key business decisions. The role-holder will also play a lead in the development of credit strategy and policy in line with risk appetite and see this through to implantation and appropriate testing in a decision management platform.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Data Strategy/MI Manager:
- Take the lead role within the credit analytics function with regard to credit strategy and reporting matters (working in tandem with the credit risk/pricing area as required)
- Assist with the daily running of the Credit Analytics Team
- Deputise for Head of Department when required.
- Maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of products and services, providing accurate information and proactively promoting them where appropriate
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all relevant policies and procedures relevant to the role (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, etc.), being compliant with these policies and procedures at all times.
- Treat customers fairly and aim to deliver fair customer outcomes in all of our day-to-day processes (and ensure that the team are aware of this responsibility)
- Serve as the subject-matter expert within the credit analytics function on:
SAS and/or R/Python
Strategic use of data in reporting
Data strategy and credit policy rules analysis
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Data Strategy/MI Manager:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a numerate subject (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research)
- A highly proficient user of SAS, R or similar
- Experienced in SQL usage
- Expert in credit strategies
- Expert in effective credit reporting
- A strong communicator with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships at all levels within the business
- Strong negotiator
- Possess sound judgement and decision making skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- A strong coach and mentor with the ability to get the best from their team
- A strong team player