£30,000 - £50,000 Dependent on Experience
10 months ago
A modern, forward-thinking FinTech business focusing on using market-leading technology to develop a range of dynamic financial services and products that are easily-available to customers of underserved markets.
Due to growth and exciting plans, the company has the need for a number of Data Scientists and Decision Scientists.
The business offers fantastic development opportunities and a long term career path, as well as modern, engaging offices and the flexibility to work from home if needed.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Data Scientists & Decision Scientists:
- Development, evaluation and implementation of credit risk scorecards, advanced statistical and machine learning models
- Creation of meaningful datasets for modelling and analysis from a vast quantity of data in multiple formats
- Remain up to date with trends and developments in technology and methods in the data science community and proactively research new skills and methods
- Maintain and improve upon the existing codebase and data warehouse to improve the reliability/accuracy and timeliness of the forecasting models and external reports
- Liaise with stakeholders in the wider business to help improve data quality, advise on data strategy and understand existing processes
Ideal knowledge and experience for the Data Scientists & Decision Scientists:
- Experience in a Data Science or Decision Science role
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods, analytical techniques and programming experience with SAS, SQL, Python or R
- Experience in Financial Services / Banking / Credit Risk and specifically Credit Credit Cards is preferred but not essential
- Driven, ambitious, keen to learn and pursue an analytical career
- A FinTech environment is fast-paced and challenging with changing priorities and small teams, so someone who is confident in being hands-on, dynamic, adapting to multiple projects at a time
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.