Up to £40,000
8 months ago
This is an excellent opportunity for a statistical model developer or data scientist to join a vibrant Modelling Team, developing and maintaining risk models. Risk models are used to support key decisions and processes across the business in areas such as mortgage approvals, IRB Capital and IFRS9 Impairment requirements and forecasting.
Key responsibilities include:
- This role provides the opportunity to work on key model development projects using predictive analytics and machine learning techniques.
- You will be exposed to a wide range of stakeholders from across the business, helping you learn and develop your skills and knowledge.
- You will have exposure to an assortment of models within the team and you will be given room to use your creative flair to experiment and discover the optimal modelled solution while supporting less experienced analysts.
- Through involvement in the design, development, implementation and monitoring of predictive models you will require the ability to understand data and its application to the wider business. Technical information will need to be documented and explained to a range of audiences, so the ability to describe complex information in a non-technical manner is key.
- You will work closely with key stakeholders such as Credit Risk, Finance, Capital and Regulatory Reporting and Data and Information Services on areas such as regulatory capital, impairment, forecasting and application scorecards.
- An experienced modeller or data scientist, who is highly numerate, has a technical and analytical way of thinking, is excellent at problem solving and is willing to grow and develop with the role.
- Highly motivated and capable of working on a combination of different activities as well as being an effective communicator at all levels, whether this is through technical documentation or presenting at committees to non-technical experts.
- Practical experience of IRB regulation and risk modelling in SAS and SQL would be advantageous. Exposure to R, Python and Machine Learning techniques would also be beneficial.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Nuhaa Mohamed on 0161 883 2762 or send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org