£30,000 - £40,000 + up to 20% bonus
7 months ago
About our Client:
From origins as a small, independent gas supplier in the North West of England, they have grown to become a major business energy supplier. After just ten years, they have become the second largest business gas supplier in the UK and currently supply 34,000 business customers at over 80,000 sites across Europe.
Manchester is home to their European headquarters.
Your new role:
As a Data Scientist, reporting directly to the Forecasting Manager, you will ensure the day-to-day production of forecasts for all regions and commodities, developing new and innovative machine learning models in Python and SQL to more accurately predict demand and reduce balancing costs. As a Data scientist you will also create data analytics, visualisations, portals and reports to gain insight into customer behaviours and trends.
What will you be responsible for:
Implementation of accurate forecasting models to predict the energy requirements and customer behaviours of a multi-commodity, multi-region energy portfolio.
Maintaining and improving upon the existing python codebase to improve the reliability/accuracy and timeliness of the forecasting models and external reports.
Creation and analyses of new datasets from existing databases and industry file flows to be used in downstream analysis.
Liaising with stakeholders in the wider business to help improve data quality, advise on data strategy and understand existing processes.
What skills will you need to be successful:
You must be comfortable developing in python. Preferable to have used some of:
- Object orientated programming
- Pandas or Dask
- pip/conda package managers
Proficient in the python machine learning stack, namely some of:
Alongside these more technical skills you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to deal effectively with queries and build relationships
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all areas of work
- Initiative to propose solutions and to take independent action based on the needs of the business
- Able to self-prioritise workload and time in a busy and challenging landscape
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in either Computer Science, Physics, Maths or equivalent
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.