£50,000 - £60,000
16 days ago
Understanding and engaging with customers is central to everything our clients business does. The way they gather, analyse and understand customer data will be critical to the launch and success of their propositions. They see the deployment of machine learning and advanced analytics as a key part of their development process, from generating ideas and identifying opportunities to modelling results.
Due to growth they are now looking for a talented Data Scientist to join their team
You will understand our strategic plans (data and business and product level) and create meaningful data sets for modelling and analysis. You will source and access data from within the group as well as external. You will define analytics around customer behaviours (and help prioritise customer groups) through their engagement/lifecycle and use this insight to improve the likelihood of our success.
Tool Creation and Deployment:
Working with business leads you will understand their campaign objectives and work with them to source, select, and access the best data to achieve their business aims. You will make data available in formats, timings, and quality that accelerates the success of the business campaigns.
Working with business leads you will understand our objectives and use a range of advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to inform and influence development and deployment plans. You will deploy accessible visual aids (dashboards etc.) to enable us to track performance. You will work with test groups to test and prove assumptions on customer behaviours.
Engagement & Presentation:
You will actively keep abreast of new trends and developments in technology and data science. You will promote the use of data and data science as a key part of our strategic development. You will present insight and learnings in an accessible but compelling way to enable our business leads to make well-informed decisions.
You will effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data to partner with business leaders as an SME. You will engage with relevant teams in the Group (Data and Analytics community) to drive collaboration and development of Data Science across the business. Where appropriate you will work with other companies to develop bespoke solutions or new capabilities.
You are curious and analytical, and someone who enjoys understanding the complexities of a market or how a business works. You can disseminate complex data and make this interesting and engaging to others.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Deep understanding and interest in data and how this can be deployed to drive adoption and growth of new propositions
- Commercial experience using supervised learning techniques such as decision trees, GLMs, random forests or gradient boosted ensembles
- Familiar with data storage technologies and management tools - big data solutions
- Proficient in relevant tools such as R, Python, SparkML, SAS, etc.
- Adept in the extraction of both structured and unstructured data from multiple sources
- You will have a good understanding of API technology and how this can leverage the practical use of data
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in Data Science or associated field (ideally overseeing a small team)
- Minimum of a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, or another technical field
- Experience of using data insight to drive business decisions, growth, and innovation
- Experience of sourcing data sets through purchase and partnerships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences and a desire to work within a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
The Data Scientist will work closely with the Data Engineer and will report into the Chief Operating Officer of the business.