My client is a market leader in their chosen field. Since its founding, a combination of organic growth and acquisitions have played a major part in the company’s progression to its current standing in today’s market.
As part of this exciting evolution, the organisation is now looking to appoint a Data Protection Risk Manager to work with the business to ensure that their Data Protection risks are being managed appropriately and their Register of Processing Activities is accurate.
Key responsibilities include;
- Provide practical guidance regarding data protection and privacy legislation to the business.
- Supports the Data Protection Officer in supporting compliance of the organisation
- Work with the business to plan and perform assurance reviews to identify risks in business areas and organisational processes.
- Provide independent collation, review and opinion of Data Protection risks for the business and their management.
- Assess adherence and track compliance to applicable industry standards, including GDPR & PECR
- Assess adherence and track compliance to manufacturer and partner data privacy standards
- One or more relevant data protection qualification, such as BCS Data Protection Practitioner Certificate or Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection (PC.dp).
- Experience in conducting incident investigations and developing reports of findings
- Experienced in performing Assurance actives and audits
- Experience working with IT security standards, frameworks, and compliance-led initiatives.
- A solid understanding of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018, Privacy Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The role will initially be home based but once the company allows people back into the office there would be an expectation to be in the office for up to 3 days a week. Salary is commensurate with experience and will also include benefits and a bonus potential
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.