about 1 month ago
Our client is a rapidly expanding Insurance business who are going through a period of growth and are making a significant impact across the market. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm in the role of Data Protection Officer. In this role, you will provide guidance and support around data protection at all levels within the organisation, creating, maintaining and updating data protection policies and guidance as issues arise. You will lead the thinking that informs Group's strategy for managing privacy by design while achieving its ambition to be cutting edge in the use of data to enable opportunities.
- Own and development the data protection framework across the Group.
- Ensure any data breaches are investigated and remedial actions taken, reporting breaches internally as well as to the ICO when necessary in accordance with legal requirements.
- Proactively identify business risks and issues in relation to data protection.
- Carry out and assist with DPIAs to assess and advise on controls necessary to mitigate data security risks.
- Act as the point of contact from any data protection queries.
- Act as point of contact for data subjects.
- Review documents and records relevant to the service provision.
- Support and actively promote a culture of data protection and compliance.
- Monitor compliance across the business.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the Data Protection function, as well as any data protection projects/actions/issues across the Group.
- Attend Board and Committee meetings as and when required.
- Involvement in bids and tenders, as well as ongoing due diligence in respect of all suppliers and business partners.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards and best practice as well as regulatory and legal requirements. Monitoring and anticipating regulatory directions and the action of the ICO and other regulators.
- Provide leadership, management and direction in relation to all areas of data protection; leading and motivating the Data Protection Team.
Skills and experience:
- Expert in providing data protection advice / guidance to others.
- Experience of ensuring compliance with legislative requirements.
- Experience of working in partnership with a range of internal / external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate in an authoritative but supporting manner with experience. of leadership as a specialist.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.