Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are currently looking to recruit an individual to support the Head of Governance in the role of Data Protection Officer, leading the Data Protection team that provides advice on and monitors compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, other data protection legislation, and the internal data protection policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inform and advise the business and its employees of their obligations under Act and other data protection legislation.
- Monitor company compliance with the Act, other data protection legislation, and its data protection policies and procedures, including by conducting internal and supplier reviews, assigning monitoring responsibilities and reporting on outcomes of monitoring.
- Conduct awareness-raising activities and train employees on their obligations under data protection legislation and data protection policies and standards.
- Monitor the performance of, and provide advice on, data protection impact assessments.
- Cooperate with and act as point of contact for data protection regulators.
- Support the business by establishing and maintaining data protection policies, procedures, and compliance and enforcement structures.
- Contact point for data protection queries from data subjects (customers, employees and clients).
- Contribute to efforts to develop compliant, scalable and innovative approaches to obtaining, managing and analysing data.
- Extensive knowledge of data protection, in particular the Act, and its practical application. Experience in providing practical training on data protection.
- Knowledge of IT security and experience in working with IT Security teams.
- Experience of proactive management of data protection compliance frameworks and providing training on those frameworks.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.