£50,000 - £60,000 plus excellent benefits
about 1 month ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are currently looking to recruit an individual to support the UK Data Protection Officer (DPO) in the role of Data Protection Manager to maintain a secure framework for the management of its data and complying with data protection laws. To maintain an effective business continuity framework for the business.
Key responsibilities include:
Provide specialist support across the business units and central functions to maintain compliance with its data protection obligations.
Develop an enduring ‘second line’ data protection framework that will ensure that the business is able to maintain compliance with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 on a continuing basis.
Work closely with the both Group and local Data Protection Officers, HR, Legal, Information Security, Marketing, Operations, Finance and Risk & Compliance functions to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are developed and implemented in order to maintain an effective control framework.
Act as focal point for all aspects of day to day compliance with data protection laws:
- Providing advice on data protection
- Providing advice on marketing activities (email, SMS, telephone, post, social media)
- Conducting privacy impact assessments and data protection impact assessments
Establish and maintain a data protection framework for the business, including the development and implementation of policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with all aspects of data protection laws, including:
- Privacy Impact Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Data Subject Rights Requests
- Privacy Notices
- Excellent understanding of the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018 and related legislation such as PECR.
- Good understanding of marketing guidelines and FCA regulations.
- Previous experience in delivering a Data Protection strategy for an organisation would be desirable
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.