MERJE has partnered with one of the UK’s leading Fintech companies and we’re looking for a Data Protection Manager to join their exciting team in Kent. This role is part of the Data Protection Function within the Compliance Department which is responsible for the business’ compliance with its regulatory obligations from a data protection perspective.
The key aspects of the role:
Working with functions across the business, key responsibilities will include:
- Oversight and maintenance of a strong data protection approach
- Providing information, advice and raising awareness
- Acting as the key point of contact with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”)
- Collaborating with the IT function to maintain records of all data assets and exports and maintaining a data security incident management plan to ensure timely remediation of incidents including impact assessments, security breach response, complaints, claims or notifications
- Graduate qualification required
- Hold at least one data protection and/or privacy certification, such as CIPP, CIPT, CIPM, ISEB (preferred) or willingness to achieve one of the above qualifications within a short period of joining
- Recent managerial experience in a data protection role
- Practical experience within a compliance, legal, audit and/or risk function
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and project management experience
- Familiarity with privacy and security risk assessments and best practices, privacy certifications/seals and information security standards certifications
- Experience in creating policy and data training
- Experience in working in an FCA regulated industry
- Strong knowledge of UK/EU data privacy and data protection laws, and a good understanding of other major privacy frameworks and evolving legislations
- Ability to work unsupervised, exercise leadership and influence change
- Ability to undertake large, long-term projects, develop alternative methods to complete them and implement solutions.
- Ability to use independent judgement and discretion when making majority of decisions
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.