£30,000 - £40,000
3 months ago
Public sector organisation is looking to hire a Data Protection Manager to be located out of their West Yorkshire HQ in Leeds. The role will have responsibility for supporting governance compliance and the delivery and maintenance of a Data Protection compliance framework.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver a data protection compliance framework in line with regulation, legislation, industry best practice
- Develop routine compliance reports
- Support, advise and approve the production and update of privacy/data protection impact assessment documentation (DPIA).
- Assist in the management of the Information Asset Register and data flow register
- Maintain accurate records on data protection requests
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly comprehensive reports on data protection and information governance
- Facilitate and respond to ICO complaints and requests for information relating to data protection or freedom of information.
- Conduct data protection risk and compliance assessments
- Effectively prioritise workload
- Track record of delivering data protection frameworks
- Detailed knowledge of data protection legislation
- Knowledge of Freedom of information legislation
- Experience of delivering audit, compliance and risk and assessments
- Experience of responding to Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) and information rights requests
- Experience of delivering presentations on data protection and information governance to all levels.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management
- Experience of risk management
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales imposed by legislation and business need
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level, including at Director level.