£Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
3 months ago
My client is a financial services business operating within the Wealth and Investment sector. The business are currently looking for a Data Protection Manager for a period of 12 months on a Fixed Term Contract. Annual base salary will be competitive and dependent upon experience, the role holder will also have full access to the firm’s extensive benefits package. Initially based at home, the position will gradually return to the office in Liverpool over the coming months with a mixture of home and office working available.
- Support the Head of Operational Risk to shape, improve, develop and embed across the group a strong and effective data protection framework.
- Assist the Head of Operational Risk to develop the second line data protection programme, systems of enhancements and process improvements which are in support of the business strategy within the firm.
- Act as Data Protection Advisor for ’the Group and all its operating subsidiaries, supporting all business units providing advice and support as and when required.
- To provide oversight of the business to ensure it meets its data protection obligations and provide assurance to senior management through management information and reporting to appropriate committees within the group’s governance framework.
- To lead and support key processes and procedures relevant to data protection, including the assessment of personal data breaches, DPIAs and data subject rights requests.
- Support and affect change across the group as and when required with ongoing assessment and monitoring of data protection risks and issues, and to escalate as necessary, any issues for the management of the business to act upon.
- Develop and maintain own technical skills. Proactively develop the skills of those staff reporting to the post holder.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders, including at senior levels, to build and raise data protection awareness and culture across the group
- Relevant data protection and/or privacy qualification(s) e.g. ISEB, CIPP, CIPT
- Previous experience working in a data protection role (ideally in a regulated organisation)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of GDPR, UK GDPR, DPA 2018 and other relevant legislation, for example PECR.
- Ability to analyse complex business issues into simple & clear advice and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain technical, complex issues to non-specialist staff at a variety of levels and drafting clear and concise written reports.
- Ability to provide a commercial view whilst considering privacy implications.