5 months ago
Located in Liverpool, Merseyside, the Data Protection Analyst is responsible for supporting the Data Protection team within the Compliance department, specifically the Data Protection Compliance Officer in the daily work duties relating to data protection. They are responsible for the daily tasks of the Data Protection team including monitoring notifications to the Data Protection mailbox and carrying out assessments for data protection breaches and individual rights requests. The successful candidate will play a key role in change and new projects in order to provide guidance and advice to the business and support all proactive related activities relating to Data Privacy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist the Data Protection Compliance Officer (DPCO) to develop, embed & monitor data privacy management and oversight across the business
- Responsible for leading data protection monitoring reviews across the firm and assisting the DPCO with the develop of the annual DP monitoring programme
- Assist with the development of the 2nd line of defence (2LOD) privacy programme bringing new ideas to ways of working and helping to embed this within the organisation
- Assist the business in developing the appropriate policies relating to data protection
- Stakeholder management and providing guidance and support in relation to the DPIA Process
- Support the Data Protection Compliance Officer and help to embed the desired data privacy culture within the firm
- Providing guidance on change programmes and new projects from a Data Privacy Perspective
The ideal Candidate:
- Good knowledge and understanding of The Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR
- Relevant qualification relating to Data Protection/Data Privacy.
- Knowledge and experience of information security and data protection risk management
- Strong ability to disseminate and clearly communicate GDPR and ICO matters effectively
- Ability to provide a commercial view whilst considering the high importance of Data Subjects
- Policy and process adherence and oversight
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident communicator
- Ability to analyse complex business issues into simple & clear advice and priorities
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.