£45,000 + Excellent Benefits
12 months ago
Data Protection Advisor
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are currently looking to recruit an individual to support the UK Data Protection Officer (DPO) to maintain a secure framework for the management of its data and complying with data protection legislation. You are also required to provide specialist support to the business units and central functions to maintain compliance with their data protection obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the business units during the data protection impact assessment process and conducting relevant risk assessments
- Managing and co-ordinating the response to data subject rights requests
- Recording the statistics of the number of data subject right requests made
- Supporting the business units in carrying out data flow reviews to help ensure the business fulfils the data protection accountability principle
- Providing advice and assistance to maintain an accurate Record of Processing register
- Identifying data processor/data controller roles and reviewing data protection terms in third party contracts
- Maintaining and monitoring a log of data protection incidents and breaches, and remedial recommendations and actions
- Supporting the investigation into data protection incidents and breaches and determining relevant actions
- Applying in-depth knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of data protection when advising the business.
- Monitoring compliance with the business’s data protection obligations
- Excellent understanding of the requirements of data protection and related legislation, such as PECR.
- Good understanding of marketing guidelines and FCA regulations.
- Knowledge of employee benefits and/or wealth management products and services preferred.
- Recognised data protection qualification or working towards qualification
- Hands on data protection and privacy experience, preferably in the financial services sector
- Experience in overseeing compliance with policies, procedures, notices and consents
- Familiarity with physical and technical information security issues
- Knowledge of data protection compliance frameworks such as Privacy Shield
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communicator with proven effective interpersonal and influencing skills
- Demonstrates high level of ownership and accountability
- Performs as an individual contributor or contributes to a team activity
- Experience providing guidance and assistance to colleagues on data protection matters.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.