up to £70,000
3 months ago
An established and longstanding Financial Services organisation is at the early stages of a large scale data transformation project and is one of the first FS businesses to be doing this at such a scale. They are looking to move all data warehousing to Azure, and ensure that all data goes in clean.
As such, a Lead Data Engineer is required to take charge of the ambitious project from the front, implementing data engineering best practises, upskilling the team and setting technical direction, all while getting close to and hands on in the details.
Fully remote due to Covid19 with work from home flexibility in the future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Specification, building and maintenance of data engineering platforms as the existing on-premise solution is re-architected to a cloud-native Azure deployment
- Act as subject matter expert, coaching and mentoring a team of Data Engineers & Data Architects (no direct line management)
- Embedding modern and optimal data engineering practises, overseeing architectural design principles, integrating and managing various data sources
- Consulting with and managing stakeholder expectations, ensuring the satisfactory delivery of plans across all areas of the business
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Must have strong Microsoft Azure experience – absolutely essential
- Able to design and develop scalable architecture, Cloud-native in Azure
- Competent in Agile working methodology
- Experienced in design and development of BI infrastructure utilising cloud and data warehousing technology (SQL)
- Experienced in the migration of data platforms
- Excellent leadership, mentoring, coaching, communication and relationship building skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.