£450 - £550.00 per day
8 months ago
You will be responsible for defining the data architecture required to ensure that the organisation maximises value from data and supporting the changes needed to realise this vision.
Mostly remote with some days in the office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that the Data Architecture is fully documented and is effective in addressing the business need for access to trustworthy data.
- Create and maintain Data Models in order to capture reporting and analytical requirements and build a shared understanding of the Information Landscape.
- Create and maintain data processing inventories and data flow diagrams to support the risk management of personal data processed by the organisation.
- Capture strategic requirements for the provision of Business Intelligence
- Ensure that there is a mechanism in place for capture of Metadata to support shared understanding of data. Build capability to ensure that Data Quality can be monitored and that data can be cleansed.
- Develop relationships with all functions to ensure their needs are supported by the underlying data architecture and data management applications.
- Ensure that the appropriate operational governance is in place with regards to data supply/usage/access control etc.
- Ensure that all change projects have identified any Data & BI requirements as part of their scope and have a suitable and timely delivery plan.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Significant knowledge of the BI Technology landscape, specifically but not limited to the MS BI Stack and Power BI.
- Significant knowledge & experience of data modelling tools and techniques including 3NF, Kimball, Data Vault etc.
- Knowledge of Data Management & Governance Tools/Technologies. Ability to analyse proven solutions in the marketplace and assess their suitability for adoption.
- Excellent Data Literacy, able to work with less data literate colleagues to achieve required outcomes.
- Ability to analyse requirements and devise innovative solutions to meet them in both the short and long term.
- Experience working within a BI Shared Service with knowledge of the required governance and control processes.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels, with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-directed learner and self-starter, able to work effectively without supervision/direction.
- Ability to work as part of a team and within matrix management environments.
- Significant (10yrs +) experience operating as a Data Architect.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.