£17,459 - £19,423 pa
7 months ago
Location: 50 mile radius from Birchwood Warrington
About the department…
The Customer Contact Centre (CCC) contains Sales, Service, Multichannel and Business Support departments assuming responsibility for all offline customer contacts (calls, emails, web chat and social media) for the Global Avios customer base. The key deliverables within Customer Contact are to engineer growth by driving revenue through loyalty and advocacy with Avios customers and supporting their journey through their channel of choice. They are proud to deliver value, loyalty and engagement to all customers, employees, and the business.
At a glance…
We believe in providing the best possible experience for our customers. We do this by making sure our teams are capable, valued and engaged. The Home Based Customer Service Agent role involves answering all call types and all customer queries from the British Airways Executive Club Members and promoting a wide range of travel products and collection opportunities. The aim is to offer first contact resolution, and continue to add value and exceptional customer service.
What will you be doing …
- Answer inbound calls from British Airways Executive Club members who want to book, amend and cancel their travel plans.
- Strive for first contact resolution
- Deliver exceptional customer service and promote collection opportunities
- Meet and exceed Customer Contact Centre operational targets
- Promote travel opportunities through personal travel experiences
- Identify opportunities to add value to existing bookings
What we are looking for…
- A real passion for travel
- Customer focus and exceptional service
- Strong work ethic
- Great People skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective communicator
- Competent level of keyboard and PC skills
- Comfortable using Office 365 applications
- Good problem solver
- A quick learner
- Self-motivation when working independently from home
- A tenacity to achieve operational targets
At Avios we are committed to the ‘Way we Work’, ensuring each day we are Curious, Brave, Passionate and Leaders in our field. We look to build on each other's ideas, because we are better together.
What we can offer you …
- Annual company bonus (depending on achievement of business KPIS & personal performance)
- Career progression opportunities
- Full time hours
- Minimum of 25 days’ annual leave
- Free secure onsite parking and Wi-Fi
- Familiarisation trips to worldwide destinations
- Global travel industry discounts including flights, hotels, cinema tickets, and attractions
- Unlimited standby flight tickets after 6 months
- Annual travel insurance
- Avios rewards when you join and every year on your birthday
- Two days paid volunteering leave per year
- Company contributed pension
- Private health care
Requirements to be a Home Worker:
A Home Worker is required to have a suitable working environment, details of which are below and will be discuss during the selection process:
- It is expected that applicants will have a suitable workspace and environment at home with a clear definition of when they are working and are not working. The workspace must include a desk and task chair, with access to a live landline socket before the start date of 20 April 2020.
- It is a mandatory requirement that there is a broadband connection in the Home that meets the minimum connection standard which is 3Mb with a latency time of less than 100 milliseconds (we will send you a link to check the speed for you to provide proof to us)
- It is also expected that applicants have the necessary permissions from the home owner, mortgage lender or landlord to undertake permanent homeworking and that the buildings and contents insurer(s) have been informed.
- Any costs associated with the above and ongoing rental charges for a landline and broadband will be the responsibility of the employee.
- Able to work the roster requirements
- It is mandatory that your permanent home address needs within a 50 mile radius of our Contact Centre in Birchwood for your application to be processed.
What We Will Expect:
As we provide you with all the skills you need for the role, you will be in classroom / home training for the first 4 weeks and 2 days of your career with Avios. Classroom/Home training hours will be Monday to Friday (0900 - 1730).
Following this you will take live calls in a supported environment in the Contact Centre working either Monday to Friday 09.00 -17.00 or 12:00-20:00 for 4 weeks, (times to be confirmed in classroom training). Then there will then be a further 4 weeks of supported virtual floor walking support at home, (dates and times to be confirmed in classroom training).
Please note: we require full attendance during the classroom period, with no holidays, days off or appointments to allow you to complete the training successfully.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
UK roster – 5 weeks in advance shifts will be allocated, Shifts between 6.00 am and 6.30 pm
- 5-week pattern
- 1-hour gap between shifts
- 1-hour flex on shifts (confirmed 4 weeks out)