As a CDD Specialist you will review KYC and due diligence information prepared by Lending Managers, documenting and assessing the checks performed in the customer risk assessment. You will be responsible for the delivery, quality control and performance of commercial lending due diligence in the 1st line.
• Manage Customer Due Diligence for the Commercial Lending team.
• This role is an important role in our commercial lending business and is responsible for effectively leading customer due diligence activities undertaken by our regional pods.
• Provide leadership and create a strong and effective First Line of Defence across all areas of lending customer due diligence, working closely with our lending teams and financial crime team helping to achieve our lending ambitions whilst ensuring risks are appropriately managed.
• Manage the end-to-end onboarding process of customers including higher risk and complex clients with appropriate referral and escalation to the Financial Crime Team.
• Ensure regional pods are delivering robust and critical analysis and assurance on all CDD activity.
• Review and verify customer due diligence information and documents.
• Liaise with key stakeholders both internally and externally to ensure the effective and efficient onboarding of new customers within policy and standards acting as a trusted partner.
• Risk management; regular updating of CDD and where needed EDD and performing other ongoing monitoring processes.
• Ensure internal deadlines and SLAs are met for client onboarding, training new colleagues to deliver high standards.
• Proactively resolve ad hoc queries relating to customer due diligence on boarding and on-going monitoring.
• Work collaboratively with the Financial Crime Team to actively develop, test and implement new or enhanced KYC processes.
• Produce, monitor and analysis and present MI for SLAs and KRIs in relation to CDD.
• Own and maintain 1st line process and procedures in respect of CDD including driving compliance with the Financial Crime Policy and Standards, risk identification, provide assurance overdue diligence procedures and systems.
• Ensure adequate data entry and record keeping in respect of CDD and on-going monitoring.
• To act as an ambassador of the organisation’s values, and to always demonstrate the associated behaviours.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Strong people skills, passionate about customers and providing best in class customer service
• Knowledge onboarding procedures including due diligence and KYC
• Strong, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills developed through experience of onboarding new customers
• Ability to analyse data and a keen eye for detail
• Experience of customer on boarding systems
• Knowledge of regulatory and statutory obligations in respect of CDD/KYC
• An understanding of financial crime environment in commercial lending
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com.