Cheshire West and Chester
£19,000 - £22,000
over 2 years ago
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm
This role will be responsible for leading the Customer Finance Team and ensuring all tasks are completed to appropriate deadlines. Assisting the team with day to day issues, ensuring the appropriate training is provided and the completion of monthly 1-2-1’s/half yearly appraisals. The role’s primary responsibility will also be the completion of the Owner Debt process to ensure debt is collected in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- Experience working within a Finance/Accounts Department
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in negotiating with customers/individuals not just businesses
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise workloads
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team
- Good attention to detail
- Friendly approach to all members of the organisation
- Professional approach to Owner/Customer calls
- Experience working with Excel
- Strong negotiation skills and commercial mind-set
- Experience with the production of reports
- Debt collection experience
- Credit Control experience
- Conflict resolution experience and/or training
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience with other elements of Finance Administration
Living by our Values of: Driving Innovation and Change, Achieving Together, Communicating Honestly, Growing and Learning, Earning Trust
Other personal attributes are:
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to challenge constructively.
- Effective team working and networking skills and the ability to work independently using own initiative.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads.
- Confident communicator – strong empathy, friendliness and a positive demeanour.
- Results focused, understanding what is important to the business, the owners and to the customer
- Flexible/Adaptable to change.
About the role:
The post holder will be a constant role model for the companies values, and ensure they become a way of working for the whole team giving every customer (internal and external) a ‘World Class Customer Experience’. Their role includes identifying, sharing and spreading best practise throughout the business, and demonstrating excellent teamwork. They will ensure that all decisions are based on the achievement of the Company Strategic Pillars.
They will be accountable for delivery in the following areas:
- Support the Customer Finance Team to provide the best experience to Customers.
- Lead the Customer Finance Team ensuring day to day issues are rectified efficiently and professionally.
- Ensuring the appropriate Training is provided for the Customer Finance Team.
- The collection of outstanding debt from Owners/Customers in an efficient, timely and professional manner.
- Ensuring spreadsheets and documentation in relation to debt are completed accurately and to set deadlines.
- Providing support to others within the Finance Admin Team during busy periods (ie month end, sickness and holidays).
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager.
Note: This Role Profile reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the role profile will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post-holder.
This is a highly varied role with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Lead on the resolution of customer queries/refunds via telephone, email, call backs and workflows.
- Lead on all tasks associated with Customer Finance as follows:-
- Applying marketing discounts to bookings
- Daily internal and external post preparation and distribution (incl PNO packs)
- Issuing of ferry tickets via post/email
- Collection of customer debt
- Credit/partner bookings
- Reviewing ad-hoc adjustments made to customer accounts
- Supporting team with resolutions to resolving customer queries
- Primary Responsibility for Owner Debt and Customer Debt Processes
- Working alongside other departments to resolve queries and improve processes (e.g. contact centre/IT)
- Building and maintaining good relationships with other departments through weekly updates
- Completion of the monthly insurance report
- Completion of monthly 1-2-1 meetings and half yearly appraisals
- Completion of regular Customer Finance team meetings/updates
- Ad-Hoc duties as identified by the Finance Manager.
Key performance Indicators:
- Effective Team Leadership
- Timely collection of owner debt
- Resolution of customer refunds/queries
- Management of customer/owner debt process and associated queries
- Provide timely/accurate assistance for all aspects of Customer Finance and owner debt collection
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff pension
- Private Medical
- Death in Service payment
- Subsidised park and ride passes
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Long service awards - cash payments and increases in holiday allowances
- Staff discount on cottage holidays
- Free worldwide travel insurance (including family members)
- Wellness extras, including free annual flu jabs, reflexology sessions and free fruit supplied in the office