A leading FS business is seeking a Credit Risk Provisioning Specialist to be responsible for managing the IFRS 9 Credit Risk provisioning methodology. you will be key in understanding and improving the efficiency of the bad debt provision calculation and communicating to senior stakeholders.
The role is working remotely from anywhere in the UK, paying between £45-60,000.
You'll be responsible for
- Coaching & Supporting junior members of the team & deputising for the Credit Risk Lead where necessary.
- Providing support in the necessary analysis to help the oversight in the use of the provisioning methodology and outputs on strategic decision making processes (i.e. ICAAP, Profit Volatility, Risk Appetite, NPV etc)
- Supporting the development of the forecasting oversight framework by providing challenge where necessary.
- Effectively implementing the desired controls to mitigate risks in daily work including but not limited to peer reviews, email chains, clearly documenting what was done.
- Leading & supporting where necessary the production of papers for the provisions forum & attend for support in presenting.
- Explaining and providing commentary of the provisioning movements and bad debt charge for the month & YTD.
- Reviewing & updating when necessary, the summarised provisioning methodology document and the individual detailed design documents for each component.
- Supporting the input of requirements & oversight on any developments or updates to the PD, EAD, LGD & macro models.
- Expert SAS skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interpret large data sets
- Excellent presentation skills
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most reputable and well established FS businesses in the UK, which also offers unrivalled career development and progression opportunities.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.