4 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, successful, sustainable and responsible lending business.
Working out of offices based in London & Middlesex, you will be working as a key member of the portfolio analysis team to ensure the Credit Risk function is robust and managed within the key requirements of the business. Our ideal candidate will have a very strong background in analytics and Credit Risk from a mortgage lending institution, preferably with experience covering the full customer lifecycle, including new lending, account management, fraud prevention and arrears management.
You will be a key member of the business, helping drive through improvements and shaping the future of the department. This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Portfolio Analytics Manager to really elevate their professional profile. If you have a strategic and technical edge this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide business with analysis/insight and recommendations for changes and improvements to product range, application process, strategy design, debt management activities and operations processes
- Build and Develop capability within the organization to design, monitor and enhance credit risk strategies and policies.
- Identify opportunities to optimise credit decisions
- Develop deep dive portfolio analysis and performance forecasting capability
- Enhance develop and monitor Credit Risk Appetite framework reviewing all metrics, estimating fore-casts and trends
- Provide analysis to ALCO Board on ad hoc portfolio issues
- Provide insight to and set expectation for portfolio and segmentation trends through targeted analysis, forecasting and the development of regular MI, including monthly Board pack and quarterly arrears deep dives.
- Work proactively with the Finance and Product teams to support/ recommend policy changes
- Develop and enhance credit risk reporting
- Work closely with colleagues across the group to deliver projects and the change agenda.
Skills and Experience Required (or desired):
University degree in technical field (eg. mathematics, physics, statistics, economics, computational finance)
- Extensive experience of credit risk/analytics roles
- Knowledge of first charge mortgages
- Hands on experience and solid knowledge of analysis software languages – SAS, R
- Highly proficient using Excel and other analysis tools
- Statistical background to produce reporting and models
- Excellent communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas/insights to non-technical members of the team
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely self-motivated / Operate independently
- Should have, or be keen to develop, management and leadership skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.