Once a fortnight Yorkshire
My Client is on the search for a Credit Risk Oversight Manager to act as a subject matter expert on all Credit Risk thematic reviews on the Retail, Commercial and Social Housing portfolios to support the delivery of the Prudential Risk Oversight Plan.
- Act as a subject matter expert and take the lead to deliver the thematic Retail & Commercial Credit Risk reviews.
- Apply expertise to conduct reviews which deliver insightful, accurate and meaningful findings to support the 2LoD Credit Risk Oversight Business Partner in understanding key risks within Retail & Commercial lending portfolios.
- Responsible for leading the engagement with key business stakeholders and divisions on thematic reviews. Be highly effective at providing clear advice, challenge and expertise on a range of complex issues right up to Chief Officer level, be influential to effectively manage stakeholder (including chief officers) buy-in to agree proportionate remedial actions for any issues identified. Attend ERC/GRC (the designated Board Risk Committee) to present material findings or escalate areas of dispute.
- Contribute to and support the business to act upon the findings from second line thematic reviews to ensure compliance to relevant regulations, policy and industry best practice. Support the business in delivering Society Strategy and be accountable for ensuring that sufficient action is taken to mitigate risks identified or enhance strategic deliverables.
- Play a leading role in developing robust oversight practices, identifying new approaches that should be embedded and taking personal ownership for implementing necessary changes to drive forward the capability and effectiveness of the Prudential Risk department.
- Take the lead in delivering timely analysis on the Retail & Commercial Credit Risk portfolios to enable robust day to day challenge of 1st line business teams to protect from unexpected financial shocks.
- Deputise for the Credit Risk Oversight Business Partner when required.
- Background within a risk management function in the Banking Sector.
- Specific experience of credit risk management through all stages of the account life cycle (underwriting, ongoing account management, collections and recoveries).
- Excellent communication skills, in particular in translating technical concepts and facts into clear understandable written reports for commercial and operational colleagues.
- Good awareness of the economic climate and regulatory environment relating to Credit risk.
If interested, please send your CV through to email@example.com