about 18 hours ago
An unrivalled opportunity to take a role with broad responsibility and lasting impact. As a Credit Risk Manager, you will be joining a very product focused team and will own credit risk throughout the company - from new lending criteria all the way to implementations. If you’re passionate about risk and the process of building an exciting credit model from the ground up and working with great people, you’ll fit right in.
Key responsibilities include:
- All SME underwriting- including re-decisioning, along with any decision science work needed to build and deploy decisioning models and logic.
- Provisioning, write offs and management of our P&L credit loss line
- Act as a champion that drive ideas from start to completion: from research insights, to workflows all the way to release.
- Prototype ideas to quickly access viability, and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Iterate based on feedback from the whole team and customers.
- Work closely with engineers as they build and ship ideas.
- An extensive credit risk background within a SME environment (with over 10 years of work experience in risks).
- You have a deep understanding of managing credit risk. You should understand all aspects of the credit lifecycle from decision science and underwriting through portfolio management, including collections and provisioning.
- You should understand and have developed decision systems, have a great knowledge of credit reference agency products and data (including reporting back) and should have experience of setting and reporting against credit control frameworks including building and operating IFRS9 compliant provisioning models.
- Knowledge of legislation and regulation relating to retail and SME activities.
- You will develop and maintain the company’s credit risk strategy and related policy.
- Deliver an effective credit review methodology, plan and capability covering all aspects of credit risk.
- Monitor and manage exposures at clients, products and portfolio level.
- Experience with performing fundamental credit risk analysis of SME lending.
- Technical background, ideally with a degree in a quantitative discipline.
- Strong understanding of data, and computational skills such as SQL, Python, VBA
- Excellent communicator that can articulate the thought behind proposals.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.