The Credit Risk Manager is responsible for ensuring that credit risk is managed to the defined Board risk appetite.
Balance of both on site and working from home.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing and managing to the Group and Divisional Boards credit risk appetite
- Conducting annual review of credit risk appetite
- Management and development of credit risk policies and standards, ensuring appropriate governance of changes and evidence of key controls
- Regular reporting and analysis that informs all key stakeholders of the risks on the portfolios and performance against risk appetite
- Ensuring the right data, analytical tools and skills are available to pro-actively manage credit risk to board appetite
- Development, management and oversight of credit rules, DIP rules, AVM criteria, product development, automation and automated strategies
- Development and oversight of collections contact strategies, analysis of collections efficiency and effectiveness and development of strategies (including but not limited to forbearance)
- SME and champion for the automation of credit processes in line with the business appetite and as appropriate for a specialist secured lender.
- Ensuring there are appropriate second line controls for large lending and other concentration risks, e.g. Lending Committee
- Affordability models – development, management and oversight to ensure we are lending responsibly
- Utilising ECL to inform profitability, products and strategy
- Engaging key stakeholders across the business to provide assurance that credit risk is being managed within risk appetite
- Maintain up to date relevant industry and regulatory knowledge
- Management and development of a professional and effective credit risk team that provides support, oversight and delivery of the corporate plan
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Numerical degree and strong analytical skills
- Strong understanding of risk management principles across the credit lifecycle, credit analytics and policies
- Experience of implementing scoring and advanced data and analytical techniques throughout the customer journey
- Good understanding of the technology that underpins the credit operation e.g., decision engines, credit data and appropriate analytical skills
- Experience of managing and developing a high performing team
- Confident and influential communicator to Board level
- Knowledge of analytical tools, e.g. SAS, SQL, R
- Knowledge of decisioning technology
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.