MERJE is looking for an experienced Credit Risk Manager to join an established FS company and provide oversight of the credit risk management strategy, understanding strengths and weaknesses, controlling credit risks and ensuring exposure is within appetite.
You will be joining a Financial Services business with a long history of consumer lending and a fantastic, collaborative working atmosphere. One of the largest of its kind in the UK, the company constantly grows and develops in line with consumer trends.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Credit Risk Manager:
- Oversee credit risk exposure for key business portfolios
- Support the business in meeting Credit Risk Appetite in line with SRL strategic objectives
- Ensure suitable KRI’s and reporting are in place
- Review credit policy and provide oversight by undertaking assurance that FS end to end operational processes are effective and efficient
- Review the level of integrity of credit-related data
- Assess whether reporting capability is of sufficient scope and quality to understand overall credit risk
- Ensure models are satisfactory – Application, Behavioural & Collections Scorecards, IFRS 9 Impairment (PD, EAD, LGD) models, etc.
Required knowledge and experience for the Credit Risk Manager role:
- Experience in Credit Risk within Financial Services
- Strong technical Credit Risk knowledge – models, strategies, etc.
- Experience of managing and working with Credit Risk policies and procedures within an FCA regulated firm
- Ability to identify and articulate weaknesses and solutions
- Experience of managing and working with Credit Risk policies and procedures within an FCA regulated firm, able to influence at all levels
- An understanding of conduct risk and delivering fair customer outcomes
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.