£30,000 - £35,000 pa
4 months ago
Management and effectiveness of all credit risk strategies sitting within Credit Risk decision systems (Powercurve). Responsible for the accuracy of all credit risk data used by the Credit Risk team for credit risk analytics (internal, PKU, CRA) and for reporting to Credit reference agency partners (Experian, TransUnion)
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the relationships with the three main UK Credit Reference Agencies (Callcredit, Equifax and Experian)
- Manage monthly service reviews with all three CRAs to ensure the business is kept up to date on the latest developments in new data sources and software
- Keep abreast of the relevant rules and regulations to ensure all scorecards, strategies and services are compliant, specifically the Principles of Reciprocity, the Principles for the Reporting of Arrears, Arrangements and Defaults, and GDPR.
- Educate users of CRA data and services on the above rules and regulations.
- Undertake regular audits of the outgoing monthly CAIS, SHARE and INSIGHT submission files to ensure reporting is accurate and in line with CRA guidance.
- Initiate and deploy detailed MI on incoming CRA data across each stage of the credit lifecycle to ensure data content is stable and as expected. Where irregularities occur, conduct investigative analysis to identify the root cause.
- Manage costs with each of the CRAs at a business unit level to ensure invoicing is correct, and influence commercial agreements.
- Collaborate with each of the divisions of Provident Financial Group to share knowledge, expertise and best practice concerning all things CRA-related.
- Liaise with operations team for remediation of CRA data issues
- Overall data management, including credit risk data quality, strategy monitoring and MI
Credit System Management:
- Ownership of all credit risk strategies that sit within Powercurve
- Work closely with IT and other business teams to effect changes to strategies and credit risk systems
- Sourcing of strategy change requirements and planning for, execution of and oversight of testing
- Ensure effectiveness documentation of all credit risk strategies
- Work in partnership with suppliers to ensure optimal use of credit systems
- Awareness and understanding of innovation, functions and features that could be of benefit to the business
- System incident management, including liaison with Experian to ensure effective and timely resolution
- Oversee output from major incident reviews
- System invoicing to 3rd parties
Credit Risk Analysis:
- Involvement in general credit risk analytics to understand portfolio trends
- Previous experience of Powercurve or similar decisioning systems
- Understanding of Credit Reference Agency data sharing and prior experience of managing relationships
- Experience within consumer finance or similar industry
- Strong technical skills with coding experience in either SAS or SQL (or equivalent)
- In-depth analytical skills with the ability to digest and interpret complex concepts
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment (preferred).
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate to multiple and varied audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Some line management experience (preferred)
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.