£80,000 - £100,000 pa
4 months ago
Job Description: Our Client requires an experienced, pragmatic Collections Director to ensure they maintain their agile, customer focused approach as they attain their commercial goals. Rooted both in analytics and in practise, you’ll control the start to finish collections process. Utilising your solid operational experience, you’ll know what works, analysing the metrics to set future strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Shaping and developing Collections strategy to maximise portfolio performance whilst also ensuring good customer outcomes.
- Providing leadership that drives the Collections team on a day to day basis.
- Deliver exceptional results through clear, strategic direction and objective analysis.
- Developing and achieving short, medium and long-term plans, fully aligning the Collections team with Operational/business strategy. Delivering objectives in a cost-effective manner and in line with regulations.
- Responsible for early identification and mitigation of emerging credit risks.
- Ensure consistency of approach, setting collections and debt recovery policies.
- Direct operational projects to improve the customer journey and outcomes.
- Identify and deliver operational efficiencies, realising the benefit to customers and the business.
- Continually review and measure activities against targets, standards and service levels, agreeing and taking actions to improve capability and performance, so that the collections department achieves its maximum potential.
- Ensure all collection activity complies with current legislation/regulation, addressing any issues of non-compliance.
- Extensive collections and credit risk experience gained within regulated consumer finance is essential.
- A Commercial mind-set. Conscious of the bigger picture, you know what providing an excellent customer experience looks like.
- A background in developing and improving processes and customer journeys.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in driving a highly effective team.
- Strategic management and business planning experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
- Experience in managing budgets and cost centres
- A pro-active approach, resilient, able to prioritise under pressure, enthusiastic, energetic and strong attention to detail
- A proven record of delivering high standards of customer service and experience within a regulated environment.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.