7 months ago
Experienced Credit Risk Analyst required for our London (N1) based Client.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking Fintech business that can offer a fast paced, high growth, purpose driven culture. You will join other established and experienced professionals meaning you will get a lot of responsibility and therefore lots of opportunities to grow and develop. Our ideal candidate will be looking to move into an environment where your voice, ideas and drive will always be valued!
You will work ‘cross-functionally’ on a variety of business issues to deliver long term commercial value and on-going value to the customer. You will also support developing credit strategies to ensure credit losses do not exceed industry levels and are within the businesses declared risk appetite.
Day to day you will be responsible for delivering world-class analytics for the benefit of the customer – which is at the heart of our Clients vison. Reporting directly to the Lead Credit Risk Analyst you will support the businesses growth agenda by putting data at the heart of all decision making along with translating both data and analytics into actionable strategies.
Your key responsibilities:
- Help develop and maintain credit risk strategies through the customer life-cycle with a focus on collections
- Help maintain the Tandem’s impairment calculation methodology and help towards management of impairment line
- Help develop and maintain customer lifetime value models to allow Tandem to develop and maintain collections strategies
- Assess, analyse and respond to key strategic issues that may impact product profitability or customer benefits
- Mine internal and external data using latest data mining tools such as SQL, SAS or Python.
- Work with statistical models e.g. logistical regression, Churn analysis, Decision tree, Survival analysis.
- Produce analytical reports to monitor risk performance and commercial performance
- Maintain feedback loop between forecast and actuals, as well as spot unexpected trends and dive into potential issues
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external partners including Product, 2nd line Risk, Finance, Compliance, and Legal.
- Building on your experience to date in Financial Services or Consumer Lending, or starting your banking career,
- you will be looking for an opportunity to use your knowledge in a dynamic, agile environment, working with
- Subject Matter Experts and growing your own skills and knowledge with the growth of the company
- You must be a confident user in Excel
- Have working knowledge of a data-mining tool – SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Understanding of data warehousing
- Understanding of Credit Bureau data concepts
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Ability to encourage follower-ship, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.