Up to £45,000
over 1 year ago
An unrivalled opportunity to take a role with broad responsibility and lasting impact. As a Credit Infrastructure Analyst you’ll ensure the business has timely, accurate and appropriate information to make informed Credit Risk decisions which help them to achieve their financial and non-financial targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide day to day management and support of the key Datamarts owned across Credit Risk, providing daily monitoring of jobs, executing maintenance and owning change management
- To execute quality assurance & data reconciliation checks over key data sources used in Credit Decision making (including externally sourced bureau data)
- To act as primary engagement point between Credit Risk and the wider data community ensuring the needs of Credit Risk are embedded within Data projects.
- To help co-ordinate a Target Operating Model for the use of data across Credit Risk; including common data sources, coding best practise, data retention and housekeeping best practise
- To support the Credit Risk Infrastructure work-stack effectively - ensuring key priorities and stakeholder requirement are delivered on a consistently and timely basis
- To design, develop and produce MI applications/solutions and ETL processes to better improve the decision making infrastructure for Credit Risk, ensuring the maintenance of these capabilities is as efficient as possible.
- Must have extensive knowledge of E-Guide, SAS programming and SAS macros
- SAS v9 development experience
- Data Warehouse interrogation coding experience
- Awareness of common Data Warehouse structures
- Designing data repositories to enhance reporting capability and decision making.
- MI/BI best practises including developing appropriate controls i.e. Version/Change Management control, standards and processes.
- Ability to collect and define requirements, document proposal and then implement a solution
- Strong stakeholder management & communication skills, able to build relationships across all work levels
- Experience in working with credit products (loans, credit cards, Mortgages or Current Account).
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.