£30,000 - £40,000
10 months ago
The Credit Risk Analyst is responsible for a range of activities critical to the delivery of the Risk Management strategy, including the production of management information used to inform business strategy and ensure the business is operating within risk appetite. As well as regular contact with a variety of different business departments, the role holder will work also work with external consultants to develop leading risk models and strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the build, validation and implementation of all risk classification and scoring models for the retail portfolio, including PD calibration of the models.
- Provision of annual scorecard and PD validation reports for all retail models.
- Production of detailed portfolio analysis, including the production of reporting for the Credit and Lending Risk Committee.
- Design and deliver management information and insight to the Head of Risk and Risk Manager to support the development of credit risk strategies and inform decision making.
- Develop metrics which are used to monitor the effectiveness of risk strategies for new business, customer management and collections.
- Production of data and trend analytics relating to monthly movements in portfolio risk profile, including scorecard shifts and movements in PD and the IFRS 9 retail provision.
- Creation of bespoke, ad hoc reporting and analysis using Tableau, Excel, Business Objects, SQL, and other tools.
- A data analytics background is essential, requiring full competence using data analytics tools such as MS Excel, Tableau and Business Objects.
- Solid commercial experience within the financial service industry, preferably in a Risk or comparable analytical environment.
- A sound understanding of retail financial services products and the requirements of working in a regulated industry sector.
- Experience of working in projects across all stages of the project management lifecycle.
- Experience to confidently and appropriately make, defend, and challenge decisions that impact the portfolio and its performance.
- Ability to manage a rapidly developing workload with regular operational requirements and both short and long term ad hoc tasks.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.