10 months ago
Merje are partnered with an early stage FinTech business. They have secured exceptional levels of funding via a European Investment Bank, demonstrating their commitment to this exciting project!
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join an early stage FinTech start-up that could really accelerate your professional growth and career development.
Your new role:
We are looking for a Credit Manager who will focus on ensuring that, at both a product and an individual loan level, our Client deliver the appropriate level of risk adjusted return. This will include the commercial evaluation of counterparty risk and the loan repayment mechanism, and by implication their risk of potential loss.
You will need to develop processes and procedures to underwrite the risks associated with both individuals and counterparties that our Client intend to loan to. Given the early start-up stage that our clients business is at you will need a really hands-on, roll your sleeves up approach. You will be proactive in working with clients, often face to face, to provide a first-class service and credible in providing recommendations and guidance to the Loans Committee.
- To define and manage lending policy and risk appetite and present proposals to committee.
- Identify, evaluate and provide solutions to mitigate credit risks.
- Evaluation of new products and specific underwriting of client borrowers.
- To implement and manage our anti-fraud policies and procedures.
- Develop new products that are commercially viable and fit within our risk and return appetites (in conjunction with members of the Senior Management Team)
- To define and produce appropriate Portfolio MI to assess return and loss experience.
- Underwrite more complex applications and schemes.
- Three plus years experience in a Commercial Finance or Credit or Risk role in a regulated retail lending business. Ideally someone with experience of high value high net worth consumer loans.
- Detailed knowledge of retail lending for financial products and relevant regulations.
- Experience of developing underwriting processes, procedures and criteria and presenting these as policy or scheme proposal to committee.
- Someone with the ability to ‘hold the credit line’ with senior management, balanced by the vision to see commercial opportunities and desire to develop innovative solutions to realise these opportunities.
- A self-starter willing to work autonomously within a small team.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.